First, I want to mention that this recipe incorporates the NEW Protein Boost product! This protein powder offers 10g of protein per scoop, and that is ALL! No sugar, no flavors, just straight up protein! You can add this to soup, salad, your regular protein drinks, ANYTHING! THIS is a Game Changer!
I have seen recipes that have you heat the honey/agave, and the almond butter...This girl doesn't have time for that!! I take all the ingredients, throw them in a mixer bowl, and turn on the Kitchen Aid! I smash the dough into a pyrex and cut a square when I get hungry! I keep them refrigerated and they last FOREVER!
Say hello to my little friends:
This is all that goes into these awesome bars! I think they taste like an oatmeal raisin cookie, but of course they are Vegan and gluten free! By adding in the Boost, I was able to cut the sugars from the protein in half! Since there is already Agave, you don't even miss it!
So, like I said, get out a mixer bowl and add everything to the bowl:
- 1 cup Almond Butter (I use Trader Joes Raw)
- 2/3 cup Agave or Honey. I use Agave for Vegan treats, Honey if they are for home
- 1/2 cup Vanilla Protein
- 1/2 cup Protein Boost
- 1 1/2 cups Gluten Free Rolled Oats
- 3/4 cup Walnuts
- 3/4 cup cranberries (or raisins if you start making the bars and realize you just ran out of cranberries - OOPS!)
- Cinnamon - optional. I meant to add cinnamon to the recipe to try it and I forgot! I didn't want to take it all out of the pyrex and put it back in the bowl, so I sprinkled a little on a bar and mashed it up. It was really good!! Next Time! I have made this plenty of times without cinnamon and it is delicious!
When you are finished mixing, grease the pyrex with coconut oil and press the dough in. Refrigerate the bars and when you get Hangry, have a little square :)
This was my scratch after I made them. I have been baking since I was a little girl, so I tend to just throw things in a bowl and see what happens. Then I have to hurry up and write it down afterwards if I like the result :)
I have more ideas, but if you have something you want me to experiment with, please let me know!!!
Thanks for reading!