Thursday, August 4, 2016

Breakfast Anyone?

I don't know about you, but I cannot have something too sweet for breakfast. It has been my mission the last couple of weeks to come up with a protein bar that was not as sweet as the others, and maybe even had a different texture. After reading a bunch of recipes and playing around I came up with this. It is not perfect, I will probably change it a ton of times, but it has majorly grown on me, and now I am having them every morning for breakfast. Yes!! As a side note, I usually have a shake. However, I am under crazy construction, the bullet is too much right now to clean and have out. I was using the shaker cup but then I ran out of fiber! OH NO!!! While I await my delivery, I am enjoying grabbing a couple bars from the fridge and eating while I am frantically driving the kids to summer camp! Here we go: 1/2 cup Almond butter (you could also do 1/4 peanut butter and 1/4 cup almond. I haven't tried it, but I bet it is good!!) 1/4 cup Apple Sauce (FYI - one kids pouch of applesauce is 1/4 cup - convenient, huh?) 1/4 cup honey 1/2 cup Arbonne Protein Boost Cinnamon (you should know by now I don't measure this type of thing, so do something around a teaspoon, maybe tablespoon) 1 cup gluten-free oats (not quick oats) Throw it in a bowl and mix it up! I use a small cookie scoop, scoop them out and store them in the fridge. I put a pecan on top of each of these, but you could throw in chopped nuts if you like. Maybe some dried fruit...Whatever makes you happy :) Like I said. I don't think these are 100% complete for me. I want to play around a little. At first I thought maybe I wanted them a little sweeter, but now I am thinking they are the perfect amount of sweet for me. If you want them sweeter, I would do the protein as half plain, half vanilla. The interesting thing about this recipe is the applesauce seems to have changed the texture. It made it more of a cakey type texture, and that I am LOVING!!! If you make them, let me know below. I would love to hear different variations on this recipe! Up next...I'm trying pumpkin!

No comments:

Post a Comment