Sunday, May 31, 2015

My first day on the Arbonne 30 Day Detox!

I Started the 30 day detox on a bit of a whim (Surprise surprise).  I was not yet thinking of selling Arbonne,  I was felling a little junky, and I woke up thinking "LET'S DO THIS!"  So I got to work and asked my co-worker to get me started.  That was Tuesday.  On Wednesday she brought in the whole kit.  1 vegan chocolate protein powder, 1 vanilla vegan protein powder, detox tea, fizz sticks, fiber powder, 7 day cleanse and the digestive aid.  Whew!  That was a lot to carry home!  I made a smoothie at home and decided that I would add the powder when I got to work on Wednesday.  That was a big mistake!  I wasn't able to mix it properly and it was chunky.  I was suddenly wondering how in the heck I was going to get through these 2 huge bags of protein powder...I hated it!



But I am getting ahead of myself.  First, let me explain what the detox is.  You have a shake for breakfast, lunch is either a shake or something healthy, and dinner is a healthy choice as well.  Not much snacking going on.  If you need a snack it can be a handful of almonds or something similar. A "healthy" meal consists of half of your plate as green veggies, a small portion of a gluten free starch, and a hunk of lean/clean protein that is about the size of your fist.  What is not included in that list, and should be given up includes: Soy, sugar, gluten, dairy and caffeine (WHAT???!!!).  I usually lose people when they hear they can't have their morning coffee.  Let me just say that I started drinking coffee when I was about 14 years old.  I love coffee.  I have had it every single day of my life since then.  I am 38 years old.  That's a whole lotta coffee.  I have it in the morning when I get up.  I have it after lunch around 2:30.  I would also have it at night after dinner (decaf).  That was really asking a lot out of me.  BUT - I like to try things out, so let's see what happens.

So, you wake up and have warm lemon water.  Not quite coffee, but a surprisingly nice substitute!

Lunch and dinner I have brown rice, chicken and veggies usually anyway, so that is not a huge stretch for me.

Back to my first day.  I decided I was going to have to get crafty if I were going to get through these bags of protein.  So I went home that night and made some protein bars!  They consisted of:
  • ·         1 cup peanut butter
  • ·         2/3 cup honey.  Some local honey preferrable.
  • ·         1 cup protein powder (1/2 choc, ½ vanilla)
  • ·         2 cups whole oats
Heat the honey and pb over a low heat.  Add in the powder and then add this to the oats.  I greased the pyrex dish with coconut oil and put them in the dish.  Some people roll them into balls, but I prefer to eat a bar.  These were good!!!  Yes!

I I also knew that at the 15 day mark I would be heading to Disney with the crew...It is almost impossible to detox at Disney - and to be quite honest, I didn't want to.  I wanted to eat in the places where I made my reservations 180 days ago, and I wanted to eat whatever was on the menu.

S So, my first day started off a bit bumpy.  It got MUCH better!  Check out my next post to see how I did...

No comments:

Post a Comment