Sunday, May 31, 2015

Arbonne 30 day detox - Day 2 and beyond

So day 2 rolled around and I was off to a much better start!

I woke up and had my lemon water.

I made a smoothie that made a bit more sense.  It had 1 scoop choc, 1 scoop vanilla, 1 scoop fiber, 1 banana, 1 cup coconut milk, water to fill line, over ice.  Ahhh, I actually like the powder?!  Thank Goodness!!!!

Around 10:30 I was feeling a little blah.  This is the time where I would usually have my 2nd cup of rocket fuel coffee.  I grabbed for one of those handy fizz sticks.  Almost immediately I was back to my normal self...Woo-Hoo!  My boss sent me an article about an ingredient called Rhodiola that is supposed to be great for you!  Added Bonus!!

Lunch was the typical brown rice, chicken, spinach, and avocado.  What can I say, I'm an easy date!

I had a cup of tea around 2:00 where I would have usually had my 3rd cup of coffee...I'm feeling very clean!

Dinner was again something of the brown rice, chicken and greens variety...God, I'm boring :)

My face this day looked amazing.  Skin wise and puffy wise.  Some days my face is very puffy and I never know why!  BUT - I was pretty cranky.

Day 3 was pretty much the same - I was surprised I didn't have any type of withdrawl from the coffee...

Day 4 - Hello Wall!  It was Saturday morning and I couldn't get out of bed!  My body was killing me!!!  My joints, my back, my legs.  WHOA!!!  I was a little nervous.  Was this product killing me??  I started googling food detox, body aches.  OH!  I was going through crap-food detox!  I started reading about how old injuries can begin to flare up because now that your body doesn't have to work on processing crap, it can get to working on stuff it didn't have time to work on before.  I found this fascinating!  I guess some people would quit, this made me want to follow the process all the more!  I certainly don't want to load myself back up with crap because I am in a little pain.  Onward we go!!!

The aches and pains went on for about 5 days and then they were gone.  It hurt to lay down, I could barely sleep, it was pretty intense!  I'm happy it is over!!!

Day 15 - We left for Disney.  I ate from the menu with healthy eating in mind.  However, I was not going to go to my son't birthday dinner and not have an ice cream sundae while everyone else was.  I want to enjoy myself while I am out on a special occasion and I don't want every one to feel uncomfortable to be eating while I am sitting there drinking water.  I was concerned that with all the time off the detox it would be hard to get back into it....

To be honest, I couldn't wait to get back on it!  The day after we got home I was right back to making my smoothies and loving it!  PS - Fizz Sticks are a great way to keep on marathon-ing while at Disney!  Yes, we are the family that is going from sun up to sun down and beyond :)

I am back to detoxing and I really don't have an end date in sight.  I would like for this to just be my normal every day way of life, it really isn't that hard!

Have I noticed a change?  Yes!  I feel great!  And while I haven't really lost pounds, I certainly noticed a difference in my body when I put on a bathing suit!  I am a relatively thin person I guess.  I am what I am clinically supposed to weigh (100 lbs for the first 5 feet, then 5 lbs for every inch after).  But I have trouble zones that no matter what I do seem to always stay the same.  My upper body is always good...It's the lower half that causes me issues...

I have before pictures, but I am not posting until I have my after pics...Even then, I just don't know if I can post those.  I guess I am more self conscious than I realize.

No comments:

Post a Comment