Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Day 2 - I planned for the bad plan!

Day 2 of the healthy living, and hanging with the plumber.  If you missed why I am hanging with the plumber be sure to read Day 1 :)

So today I knew I couldn't bring food, so I would go out for a healthy lunch.

What I didn't know, was that during our morning circus routine of getting out the door, BOTH kids came to me telling me they needed their books covered!!!  WHAT??!!  I didn't feel like giving the whole you should have told me that last night speech (I saved that for the car ride), so I just hunkered down and did it.  This time will either cut into me making lunch for the kids, or me making breakfast for myself.  Guess which one didn't get done.......

So after I drop the kids, I have to run to hell Wal-Mart, because I needed some groceries AND some elastic so that my cute little girl can make headbands, and charge me for them, but the money will go to the Missions...Who can turn that down?  I don't know where else you can go in close proximity that has both, so I sucked it up and went.

By the time I got home, I had to jump into the shower, because I knew I was going to be called any second by the plumber telling me he is on his way...Sure enough, he calls right as I am on the rinse cycle.

I throw on some clothes, run downstairs and make a chocolate/banana shake, and I am out the door.

Luckily my husband made me some lemon water before I even crawled out of bed, because that is a must first thing every day!

I get to the condo and all is good...I am dressed for the Tundra (remember, no heat - AND the windows had to be opened today because of the smoke from soldering) and I am working along...I am BUSY!  So busy all of a sudden it was well past lunch time!  I go out and try to figure out what is my best option.  I decide on Chipotle because they are the easiest to get a healthy meal.  No really!  I got a brown rice bowl, with black beans, steak, lettuce, mild and medium salsa, and guacamole!  No cheese, no chips, and no sour cream.

Later today I decided the plumber and I need a coffee!  He was super happy, so I went out and got us some Starbucks.  My super lovely tenant (no really she is the best!) left a cute little box of chocolate for me because I sat there all day.  I decided to share them with the plumber (I don't want to use his name, but he is a great guy, I don't mean to call him "the plumber" in a negative way at all) and he was again super happy.  I offered to bring him lunch by the way, but he said No because it will make him lazy.....I can totally relate! ;)

I had my protein bar with my coffee in an effort to not eat the chocolate.  Besides, I needed to share with the kids and my husband as well.  I was so busy again today that I barely noticed if I was hungry or not.

I got home and made a nice gluten-free pasta with sauteed onions, garlic, tomatoes, and eggplant.  Yum!

I had a protein bar after dinner with a cup of detox tea.  My protein bars are small by the way, about 1/4 the size of a balance bar.

I do not do portion control, I have never been good at that.  I don't count, measure, obsess.  I get a list of foods I can eat, and I stick with it.  I will be back on a regular schedule tomorrow and you will see a typical day for me...This has been anything but typical, but hey, that's life, right?!

From here on out I plan to have a list at the top of what I ate, and how I am feeling, the last 2 days were just too wacky for that :)

Have a good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment