Saturday, February 13, 2016

Day 6 - 1/2 a cheater...

2/13/2016

As we always say....this is about following our program 80% of the time.  If you have an occasion and it calls for eating something not as healthy as usual, well - go for it!  Just don't call a random Tuesday afternoon where you are feeling lazy a special occasion :)

Today I woke up and had my usual lemon water...Had my chocolate shake, and even had a fizz stick.  Then I got a text from a dear friend.  "What are you doing today?"  It is FREEZING outside and our plans for skiing were cancelled because of it.  "Nothing, why, what's up?"  Turns out she was coming our way!!!  I have been trying to get her to come visit at my house FOREVER!  Seriously.  For about 9 years!

So we dropped everything (which was nothing, but I had to get dressed and suddenly scramble to clean!) to meet them nearby!

We hung out for a while in a museum, and then came back to our house!  YAY!  What was on the menu for dinner?  Well.....uhhhhh.....I don't have much food in my house right now for guests to eat.  Do you all have that problem?  I don't cook for my friends what I eat on a regular basis.  I have to plan for what to eat when friends come over, and there was no time to hit the store.  My friend wanted to order pizza for everyone, so there ya go!

Pizza and salad for everyone!  There is no way I am going to eat a bowl of brown rice and vegetables while everyone else eats pizza.  Not only would I be hating my healthy eating lifestyle right then, I feel like it would make everyone else uncomfortable.  Some people may say to hell with that, but I don't think a slice of pizza will kill me :)

We had some pretzel, bar snack mixey stuff, because we were all starving before the pizza got there,  and then I had salad and 2 slices of mushroom pizza.

Then of course I put brownies in the oven, because I ALWAYS have some sort of dessert available!

So we then had coffee and a small brownie.

I will say this.  My stomach was very bloated after dinner.  You really notice what not so good for you food does to your body when you haven't had it for a while!

It's all good though, I will hop right back on the wagon tomorrow.  I tend to be a little more lenient on the weekends, and the week I am pretty regimented.

So there ya have it.  I had a great day with my friend and her family and I was so happy they came over!  FINALLY!!  :P

Have a great weekend everyone - and stay WARM!!!

PS - Tomorrow is Valentines day and we may go out for a nice dinner, but I will try to find the healthiest thing I can!

No comments:

Post a Comment